VMware Cloud Community
MKSLP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

EP OPS Adapter not syncing / Ignore Alarms

Hey guys,

firt of all I am quite new to vROM (6.4), but want to use it to monitor my vCenter environment and some additional things. I have actually managed to include everythign from my vCenter but have some issues where any help would be appreciated:

1. vROM is bombing me with mails about a VM having "continuous high CPU usage causing stress", "is acting abnormally since %A FEW DAYS AGO% and actually it is sending every five minutes one mail with "new alert" and at the same moment a second mail cancelling the alarm.....the question is, how to get rid of that, or even better, how to disable this alert for this specific VM as I know it is busy but as it is a FT VM I can´t increase the CPU sizing to more than 4...

2. I downloaded and installed the plugins for ActiveDirectory + MSSQL and installed the Agents on my DC and both nodes of my SQL cluster, but somehow SQL stopped syncronizing after a few hours and AD didn´t syncronize at all...from the agent side I can´t see any issues, but in my Inventory explorer I do not have a single entry in the "EP OPS Adapter Instance".

In the EndPointAdapter Log I only see entries like this:

2016-12-06 15:46:10,593 ERROR [pool-7-thread-1] (7) com.vmware.vcops.aim.agent.mailbox.AgentMailboxRetriverServiceImpl.run - Unable to fetch agent tokens

[343] java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException

[344] at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy72.retrieveAgentTokensWithCommands(Unknown Source)

[345] at com.vmware.vcops.aim.agent.mailbox.AgentMailboxRetriverServiceImpl$AgentMailboxRetriverRunnable.run(AgentMailboxRetriverServiceImpl.java:52)

[346] at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

[347] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)

[348] at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)

[349] at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)

[350] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

[351] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

[352] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

[353] Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Failed to send task function

[354] at com.vmware.vcops.platform.common.collector.CollectorFunctionExecutor.basicExecuteInternalAndWait(CollectorFunctionExecutor.java:121)

[355] at com.vmware.vcops.platform.common.collector.CollectorFunctionExecutor.basicExecuteAndWait(CollectorFunctionExecutor.java:73)

[356] at com.vmware.vcops.platform.common.collector.CollectorFunctionExecutor.basicExecute(CollectorFunctionExecutor.java:66)

[357] at com.vmware.vcops.platform.utils.BasicExecutorProxy.invoke(BasicExecutorProxy.java:31)

Any help very much appreciated...also if somebody has a link or a video to a more or less up to date How-To about vROPs in general? Many I found refer to version 6.0.x, which looks a little different unfortunately 🙂

Thanks in advance!

MK

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That could be root cause as comparing edition table listed here vRealize Operations IT Operations Management: VMware does point OS metrick being part of Adv. It was long ago for me to have vrops with Std license, will try to check and revert back, but looks as expalanations

Regards, Oleg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

1. To disable Alert on the particular VM you need:

1) create Custom Group and add you VM to this custom group

2) create new policy and link thin policy to previously created Custom group

3) disable alert in the newly created policies

2. For the epops agent - try to restart the agent using command line (install folder/bin) and then use setup option to reestablish the communication. Also take a look at the agent.log in same folder for additional info. Also check the status of the epops adapter on vrops, you might want to restart it.

For the How-to - take a look at the official documentation and video links, shipped with the product, also couple of blogs could be helpful, especially one from Iwan here virtual red dot - Journey to the Virtual World

Regards, Oleg

0 Kudos
MKSLP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Oleg,

many thanks for the hint with the custom group, seems to work.

Regarding the Adapter issue:

Already did the setup on client side again...successfully as it seems, also in the agent.log I see no issues but a lot of "successfully sent to server" stuff...but on the server I just see...nothing at all, also after restarting.

EDIT: I just realized that it may be a licensing issue? I got the vROPS license as part of a vCenter Enterprise Plus bundle...does that include Windows endpoint agent monitoring...?

0 Kudos
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That could be root cause as comparing edition table listed here vRealize Operations IT Operations Management: VMware does point OS metrick being part of Adv. It was long ago for me to have vrops with Std license, will try to check and revert back, but looks as expalanations

Regards, Oleg