VMware Cloud Community
pratt26
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Display attributes on Dashboard

Hi Everyone,

I created a custom group (Function) that checks the Properties of a Virtual machine for the Operating System version and populates the group. How can I display this information on my dashboard with the self-provider turned off? As an example, I have a dashboard populated with many supermetrics and would like to include OS counts group(s) using these functions. Generally, I use "metrics" and have no issues. The Guest OS Full Name is an attribute, how can I display that on a scoreboard? Attributes don't seem to work with Supermetrics and or Functions.

Thanks for your help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You can create a receiving widget that is of type View, and create a view (list type) to show the properties you need. Scoreboards aren't going to meet your needs usually when it comes to showing properties - you need to use a View.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
pratt26
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Mark,

I just looked in VROPs. What is a "receiving widget"? I didn't see it in my list of widgets (running VROPS 6.1)

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Widgets can be interaction providers or receivers. Some widgets do both, some do one or the other.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert

Mark,

Why does the Scoreboard not allow properties to be selected/displayed?

I would like to have a Scoreboard with KPIs for a VM (passed from Object Relationship) and a Scoreboard for settings (Parent Host, VM Tools, OS).   It is easier to read than the property list.

Also,  is there a property in vROPs that list the datastore(s) that a VM in associated with?

Thanks,

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos