Patuk
Contributor
Contributor

Disk Space Metrics

Jump to solution

Starting to get my head around VROPS and the DataCentre Manager has asked me to generate a report on all the LUNS in the Datastore object giving him:
Total disk space used 
Total disk space 
Total provisioned disk space

No problems says I as, when checking, these metrics exist
Diskspace|Total disk space used
Diskspace|Total disk space 
Diskspace|Total provisioned disk space 

So, create a view, Subject is 'vCenter Adapter - Datastore', get to Data, open up 'Disk Space' metric - none of the three above appear, however I can see other Disk Space metrics just fine.

Next step, maybe they're not being collected by the Default Policy, so open up Administration-> Policies -> Policy Library->Default Policy and find the three metrics just fine, made sure they are 'Local' (they were 'Inherited').

Still no metrics in the View.

I'm 100% sure I've missed something silly - anyone got a clue what ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Did this answer your question, then? If so, could you mark as answered so other people know? Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Showing up for me in vROps 6.6. Check the test view I've built. You saying you're not seeing *any* of those metrics? Even after selecting the Datastore object type?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Patuk
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your prompt reply daphnissov.

I knew it would be me being stupid - and it is.

Your screenshot shows me that what the documentation calls 'Diskspace|Total provisioned disk space' with a key name of 'diskspace|total_provisioned' is actually labelled 'Provisioned Space'.

D'oh - my bad.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Did this answer your question, then? If so, could you mark as answered so other people know? Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos