VMware Cloud Community
neil_murphy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Deploying vROps 6.7 OVF using HTML5 GUI

Has anyone else tried doing this? I've tried it a couple of times in my lab and it skips all the IP addressing stuff. As a result the vApp uses DHCP for all its settings. When I use the Flash-based client I get an extra step in the OVF deployment wizard where I can manually set all my IPv4 stuff.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
neil_murphy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So the problem I have is not that the option to deploy an OVF is greyed out or that the deployment fails. It actually does work but skips a vital part of the deployment wizard when using the HTML5 client, namely the step where you set the IP address. That means that the vROps appliance uses DHCP, which is not supported.

I'm going to try upgrading my VC appliance to 6.7 to see if that fixes things...

[Later]

Upgraded my VC to 6.7 and problem is sorted. Looks like it was definitely a problem with my 6.5 build. I've attached a screenshot of the step that was missing in the v6.5 OVF deployment wizard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Not sure of your vcenter version but take a look

VMware Knowledge Base

I have had problems with the HTML client on all versions of vcenter deploying ovf files

0 Kudos
neil_murphy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So the problem I have is not that the option to deploy an OVF is greyed out or that the deployment fails. It actually does work but skips a vital part of the deployment wizard when using the HTML5 client, namely the step where you set the IP address. That means that the vROps appliance uses DHCP, which is not supported.

I'm going to try upgrading my VC appliance to 6.7 to see if that fixes things...

[Later]

Upgraded my VC to 6.7 and problem is sorted. Looks like it was definitely a problem with my 6.5 build. I've attached a screenshot of the step that was missing in the v6.5 OVF deployment wizard.

0 Kudos