VMware Cloud Community
virtualhelp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Deploy vROP 8.4 - DNS: LOCALHOST

Hello,

I am deploying vrealize operations manager 8.4. The ova display ends well and when I turn on the vm. Indicates an error with the network settings.

The ova finishes starting completely and the blue screen appears with the assigned IP. However, it does not respond to ping.

From the vcenter, I select the vm of vrop and in the summary tab it indicates in the DNS localhost.

In addition, the records are also created in the DNS server with the IP assigned to the vrop vm.

also configure the etc / host of my domain controller and put the ip of the vrop. However, the problem continues.

The deployment I am doing in a vCenter 6.7 and ESXi 6.7

Annex evidence.

virtualhelp_0-1623856114319.png

virtualhelp_1-1623856188335.png

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
virtualhelp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,
I was able to deploy the OVA and connect to the vROP administration console to continue with the configuration.

The problem was that it was detecting a local DNS 127.0.0.1. I proceeded to remove this ip 127.0.0.1 from the etc / host file on my domain controller. And then if it detected my correct DNS.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
szafa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@virtualhelp when you ssh to vrops appliance can you reach your DNS/resolve dns?

0 Kudos
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You may have forgotten to put in the Static IP address during the setup.  vROPS does allow you to use DHCP so that field can be blank and you can easily overlook it and go on to the next setup screen.  I would recommend reinstalling it and ensuring you have static IP filled out.  Make sure you ping the IP address before and after install.  Before you install it, it should not ping at all.  After powering on it should ping. 

Personal blog VMignite.com
0 Kudos
virtualhelp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,
I was able to deploy the OVA and connect to the vROP administration console to continue with the configuration.

The problem was that it was detecting a local DNS 127.0.0.1. I proceeded to remove this ip 127.0.0.1 from the etc / host file on my domain controller. And then if it detected my correct DNS.

Thank you.

0 Kudos