VMware Cloud Community
ndraj
Contributor
Contributor

Datastore utilization report with parent vCenter name

Hello All,

We have vRops with multiple vCenter adapters. the current vRops view doesn't support to create a datastore utilization report with parent host and vCenter. I am currently pulling reports from the vCenter, which is not much of help .

Could someone help me to get a script to fetch details of datastore utilization with parent vCenter.

Thank you

5 Replies
Yogadevi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Can you please clarify your requirement?

1.do you need datastore utilization report along with parent host name?

2.What version of VROPS do you have

0 Kudos
ndraj
Contributor
Contributor

Yogadevi

1. I need datastore utilization report with parent vCenter name, Host name is optional. VCenter name would help me to run scripts against all the datastores in the respective vCenter

2. Current vRops version is 6.6.1.8

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

This is a yes and no answer

The yes is there is a parent vcenter property for each datastore.

The no is dependent on how you named your vcenter display name when you set up the adapter. If you just put in the name of the vcenter then you are fine. If like me you put in some other descriptive text then you will need to strip that out for your script as the parent vcenter is the display name of the adapter not the vcenter name. At least in 7.5 anyway

ndraj
Contributor
Contributor

sxnxr I have used the vCenter name while configuring the adapter. if I could get the datastore with parent name, that would be great.

0 Kudos
Uday_Mantri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sxnxr is right, vcenter name is displayed as the name given to the vCenter Adapter Instance. You can use the Property of Datastore to display the name,

1.JPG

0 Kudos