JLogan2016
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Data Retriever is not initialized yet. Please wait..

I have recently taken over a vCenter instance, where a lot of items are either half-implemented or implemented but not documented. One of items is a vRealize Operations appliance. When I first came upon it in vCenter, it was showing a corrupted disk. I was able to rebuild this, and get the machine to boot, but the Web UI comes up to the login screen and then sits at the message Data Retriever is not initialized yet. Please wait.. and never moves. Doing some research, I came across a couple of KB's:

Unable to connect to vRealize Operations appliance (2000208) | VMware KB

Cluster Status is stuck at Going Online in VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.0.x (2106950) | VMwa...

Unfortunately, neither of these resolve the issue. Just curious if anyone has ever run into this issue, or has any suggestions. As I mentioned, documentation is scarce, so I would very much like to avoid having to redeploy completely (even though they have not been collecting any data up to this point anyway).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

The only time i get this is if the cluster is not fully online.

Log into the admin GUI and make sure all nodes are online and displaying the number of metric. If it is sitting at waiting for analytics then that will cause your error

The below is the admin GUI with it waiting. This will cause the status you are getting on the UI GUI

vap waiting.png

It will look like the below when fully online

vap online.png

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Greetings!

Replying on a quick thought and based on the information provided in your query-

Do you know if the vROps IP was changed? If yes, please go through:

Change the IP address on a vRealize Operations Manager 6.0.x single-node deployment (2108696) | VMwa...

Or

Changing a vROps System's IP Address - VMware Cloud Management

Or

http://www.virtualizationhowto.com/2015/05/change-vrealize-operations-manager-6-01-appliance-ip-addr...

Let me know how it goes.

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question as answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

Cheers!

-Shivam

0 Kudos
JLogan2016
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion, that is exactly what is happening. I logged in and the cluster (only the 1 node) was at "Failed to Start". I hit Bring Online, and now it is sitting at "Waiting for Analytics".

0 Kudos
JLogan2016
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, the server stays at "Waiting for Analytics" until it times out. I have followed the suggestions in a couple of KB's:

vRealize Operations Manager 6.x is inaccessible, status of all nodes is Waiting for Analytics to Sta...

I did find some heap files to clear...

Node status reports as Waiting for Analytics in VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.x (2143800) | V...

I don't see the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistance-net.rules file at all

In the collector log I am seeing the following:

2016-11-15 14:34:14,866 INFO [Heartbeat] com.integrien.alive.collector.HeartbeatThread.doHeartBeat - Heartbeat failed: Unable to connect to any locators in the list [/10.2.75.61:6061]

2016-11-15 14:34:44,912 INFO [Heartbeat] com.integrien.alive.collector.HeartbeatThread.doHeartBeat - Heartbeat failed: com.gemstone.gemfire.cache.client.NoAvailableServersException

2016-11-15 14:35:14,962 INFO [Heartbeat] com.integrien.alive.collector.HeartbeatThread.doHeartBeat - Heartbeat failed: com.gemstone.gemfire.cache.client.NoAvailableServersException

2016-11-15 14:35:45,006 INFO [Heartbeat] com.integrien.alive.collector.HeartbeatThread.doHeartBeat - Heartbeat failed: com.gemstone.gemfire.cache.client.NoAvailableServersException

As it is all on the one node, not sure why it would not be able to find it.

Any further suggestions would be welcome. As mentioned previously, I am seriously hoping to avoid rebuilding this thing from scratch.

0 Kudos