VMware Cloud Community
Venkat_A
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DT KPI?

Hi,

Can some one explain me about the screenshot? how to set the DT?

pastedImage_1.png

Let suppose i am talking about the Used space on a Datastore,

now what is critical level? what is the compare value, wait cycle and cancel cycle?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey venkat_a,

I suggest to check the custom-ui admin guide (https://www.vmware.com/pdf/vcops-57-custom-ui-admin-guide.pdf)

Most of the information you've requested in this and previous threads could be found there Smiley Happy

checkout page 39 onwards

0 Kudos
Hovhannes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Venkat_A,

DTs are calculated by the system itself based on the analytics calculations. You are able to enable/disable Dynamic Thresholding per a resource through Resource Management when editing a resource.

There is still one thing that you can do through the screen you attached. You are able to turn on "Violation of the Upper Dynamic threshold is a Key Indicator"/"Violation of the Lower Dynamic threshold is a Key Indicator". That will affect on the criticality level of alarms fired based on DT violations.

Also it worths mentioning that as apposed to the case of configuring critical level for the alarms caused by hard thresholds violations user does not have possibility to set those for alarms coming from dynamic thresholds violation. Criticality level is hardcoded per analytics plugins (mostly it is Warning). As soos as "Violation of the Upper Dynamic threshold is a Key Indicator"/"Violation of the Lower Dynamic threshold is a Key Indicator" is enabled criticality level of those alarms will be set to Critical.

"Compare values" are generated by plugins when dynamic thresholds are calculated for a metric.Wait cycle is defined through the property file for each plugin (/usr/lib/vmware-vcops/analytics/plugins/PLUGINNAME/conf) and cancel cycle by default is 3.

Hope the explanation will shed some light on your questions.

0 Kudos