VMware Cloud Community
TomOtto
Contributor
Contributor

Customizing notification format

Hi guys

I've been trawling the web for a few weeks now and have turned up almost nothing on how to create new or customize existing notifications (Changing the format specifically). We're currently sending our vCOPs notifications via mail and we'd like to receive the critical ones as a SMS. The problem with SMS is that it has a 140 character limit which means you need to try and get as much useful info as possible in those 140 characters. We receive our SMS's via an SMS gateway that receives the messages from an Exchange environment as mails and converts them to SMS.

From what I've read it is possible to create new custom notifications as well as create the format, I just haven't been able to find out much on how to do it. Could you guys point me to any blog posts/KB articles that I can read on how to do this?

P.S. Please note that I come from a Windows Server background so editing and creating xml files is not something that I have been doing a lot (Though I'm a pretty quick learner Smiley Wink)

Kind Regards

Tom Otomanski

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Have you looked at the Custom UI administration guide? This contains a chapter on configuring these alerts and editing the e-mail templates.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos