VMware Cloud Community
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Custom Datacenters

I have created several CDC's that we use for capacity management but recently noticed that it does not auto update with new clusters that are added in to the enviroment. Does anyone know how i can get a CDC to auto add new members into the area that i define as my CDC

The below is my production CDC and as you can see the new cluster his not added. There does not seem to be a parent object that i can select (in this case windows or linux) that will auto add any new clusters

CDC.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Today, Custom Datacenters do not have an auto-populate criteria are only populated statically. However, I agree with you that it would be a benefit to have this capabilities, similar to how custom groups have rulesets. Other than the obvious benefits of Custom Datacenter ojcts being leveraged with WLP capabilities, I use these organizational constructs to aggregate groups of cluster for high-level analysis. This high level analysis is in the form of capacity planning, stress calculations, efficiency, and so on. These cap model capabilities aren't present in Custom Groups (CGs merely show population distribution), which make Custom Datacenters uniquely positions for CLuster aggregation and analysis without the need to get creative with SMs and Views to try to make them "cap-model-like".

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Today, Custom Datacenters do not have an auto-populate criteria are only populated statically. However, I agree with you that it would be a benefit to have this capabilities, similar to how custom groups have rulesets. Other than the obvious benefits of Custom Datacenter ojcts being leveraged with WLP capabilities, I use these organizational constructs to aggregate groups of cluster for high-level analysis. This high level analysis is in the form of capacity planning, stress calculations, efficiency, and so on. These cap model capabilities aren't present in Custom Groups (CGs merely show population distribution), which make Custom Datacenters uniquely positions for CLuster aggregation and analysis without the need to get creative with SMs and Views to try to make them "cap-model-like".

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos