VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Count vs Distinct Count

What is the difference between count and distinct count in the Advanced UI under

Operations -> All Metrics -> Deployed -> Count?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

This metric is available in both the Advanced UI and Custom UI. Metrics aren't viewed in the Admin UI.

Distinct count is the actual # of VMs deployed, whereas the count is the trending/forecast # of VMs deployed. Usually you'll notice the distinct count does not have a very clear dynamic threshold, but count does have an upward dynamic trend. Speaking of which, I should probably add a couple more VMs to keep up with my lab's forecast.. ha.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

This metric is available in both the Advanced UI and Custom UI. Metrics aren't viewed in the Admin UI.

Distinct count is the actual # of VMs deployed, whereas the count is the trending/forecast # of VMs deployed. Usually you'll notice the distinct count does not have a very clear dynamic threshold, but count does have an upward dynamic trend. Speaking of which, I should probably add a couple more VMs to keep up with my lab's forecast.. ha.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

OK thanks

0 Kudos