VMware Cloud Community
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Count number of hosts in a custom group

I have created a custom property that has my hosts end of service live date that is imported from out CMDB. From that custom property i have created several custom groups that contain all the hosts from each year ( 2017-2020)

What i want to do is create a super metric that will count the number of hosts in the group so when i create a object list that lists all the EOSL groups i can pick the super metric and show it as an additional column.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

It would seem i already have it. Not sure if it is out of the box in 6.3/6.4 but in case it is not here is the SM

count(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=HostSystem, attribute=badge|health, depth=1})

the SM was called No of ESXi Host in a group. Just had to enable it on the policy assigned to the group and away it went

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

It would seem i already have it. Not sure if it is out of the box in 6.3/6.4 but in case it is not here is the SM

count(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=HostSystem, attribute=badge|health, depth=1})

the SM was called No of ESXi Host in a group. Just had to enable it on the policy assigned to the group and away it went

0 Kudos