VMware Cloud Community
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Configuring access via LDAP

We are attempting to configure our new VROPs 6.0 environment using best practices however there are some additional questions. 

We have gone into Administration --> Authentication sources and added our domain as one of the authentication sources.   Then I go to Access control --> groups --> import group.  I am able to import the group, however when I add/remove members to the group I do not see the membership changes reflected.

Question 1 - Shouldn't the group membership sync automatically with AD when users are added or removed?

Secondly, I am able to log in using my DOMAIN\username account after selecting DOMAIN.local as my authentication source.  When go to Access control --> User account I see 5 accounts (FIVE accounts!).  Four list the source type as Virtual Center - VC and the last one has the source time of Virtual Center group.

Question 2 - Are ANY of these accounts the one I'm actually logged in to?  Which account is the one I should be granting permissions to?  Can I safely delete the others?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

1 - group membership will update automatically. Its on a 15 minute sync i believe.

2 - every user who's a member of the group you imported will have a new "user" object created for them. You can assign roles and object access to the "group" or "users".

I dont know about deleting other accounts...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

1 - group membership will update automatically. Its on a 15 minute sync i believe.

2 - every user who's a member of the group you imported will have a new "user" object created for them. You can assign roles and object access to the "group" or "users".

I dont know about deleting other accounts...

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Did you enable auto-sync on the LDAP host config?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks Pizzle, you are correct, the membership was reflected after 15 minutes.

0 Kudos