VMware Cloud Community
Mauritz84
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Configuring Hard Thresholds on individual resources

Hi,

Last week I performed a vC Ops presentation to one of our customers. One of their questions were if configuring hard thresholds worked on individual resources and not on an entire resource kind?

For example if I want to set a Hard threshold on just 1 VM that is in need for a specific threshold seperate from dynamic thresholds and other VMs hard thresholds.

Hard_Thresholds.jpg

Our customers thought it was strange if this configuration was made globally to all resources within a resource kind. Am I mistaken or is this the case when it comes to hard thresholds in vC Ops 5.8?

Cheers,

Erik Alm

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

No change in 5.8 here. You need to keep in perspective that you're editing the 'attribute package' in the screen you attached here.. not unequivocally the global setting for every resource kind. If you want to set a specific resource different, simply create a different attribute package and assign it to that resource.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

No change in 5.8 here. You need to keep in perspective that you're editing the 'attribute package' in the screen you attached here.. not unequivocally the global setting for every resource kind. If you want to set a specific resource different, simply create a different attribute package and assign it to that resource.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Mauritz84
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

Thanks, It is indeed possible by just adding new attribute packages and assigning them to the individual resources you want in Environment Overview, just as you explained.

Regards,

Erik Alm

0 Kudos