VMware Cloud Community
mhost
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Completely remove vRealize Operations 6.0.2?

Hello,

We have a trial of VROPS 6 (single node), which we have decided to decommission.

In v5 there was an "Uninstall" option under the VCOPS admin.

But in v6 there only seems to be a "Take node offline" available - the "Remove node" option is greyed out (also after taking node offline).

Is there a nice way to remove the product?
Or should we simply delete the VM and unregister plugins/extensions manually from vCenter afterwards?

Probably a silly question. But Google has not been my friend... 🙂

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
greco827
Expert
Expert

On my lab or test deployments I have always just shut it down and smoked it.  I've never seen any leftover remains of it.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
garymboy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can unregister vROps in: Administration->Solutions, select VMware vSphere, Click the Configure icon (gears), highlight the vCenter instance, Click Manage Registrations button, Click Unregister.

You can delete the vCenter instance to clean up vROps or just power off and delete the VM's if you are going to use them anymore.

0 Kudos
mhost
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you.

That was also my impression - although I don't understand why they have removed the "nice" way of doing it 😞

/Martin

0 Kudos