VMware Cloud Community
Silvester
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot create customized dashboard in vRealize Operation manager

Dear all,

I just deployed a vRealize Operation manager cluster (v.6.0.2) and I’m able to deploy solutions/manage roles in it. However, when I want to create custom dashboard, I found there is not such an option for me.

Cannot_CreateDashboard1.png

I’m logging as the admin account that was created during installation, which is supposed to have every permission.

Cannot_CreateDashboard2.png

Any hint on which permission/configuration I may have missed to enable create dashboard?

Thanks

Silvester

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It looks like you're using a vSOM key.  I see that it is enterprise edition, which entitles you to vSphere Enterprise, but all versions of vSOM grant access to only the vRealize Operations Manager Standard edition features.

The link below mentions "capabilities are equivalent to Standard edition of vRealize Operations Manager"

VMware vSphere with Operations Management Features | United States

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Do you have a license installed?  If so, what edition?

I've seen this exact issue when a standard edition license is in use, as standard edition does not provide custom dashboards.

0 Kudos
Silvester
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I used the license as below, is it the wrong license?

Silvester

vRops_License.png

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It looks like you're using a vSOM key.  I see that it is enterprise edition, which entitles you to vSphere Enterprise, but all versions of vSOM grant access to only the vRealize Operations Manager Standard edition features.

The link below mentions "capabilities are equivalent to Standard edition of vRealize Operations Manager"

VMware vSphere with Operations Management Features | United States

0 Kudos
Silvester
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, seems I installed the wrong license. After installing the correct one, I can create dashboard now.

Thanks!

Silvester

0 Kudos