VMware Cloud Community
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot connect to vCOPS (from Web Client)

Hi all,

on my farm, from the web client, the frame Health reports the error: Can not connect to vCenter Operations. etc..

Apparently it all works, but on every object I get this error. Can you give me some useful suggestion to solve it?

Thx!!

Matrix

19 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you access the Advanced UI directly via your browser?

Have you examined network security/firewalls between the components for proper connectivity?

Has this ever worked, or this the first time you're trying to access this Health tab?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi mark.j

The problem has always been present. I can not understand if there is a door, for example, that it must be open in order to allow this communication. Moreover, other features do not seem to be compromised.

Perhaps it may be important, but strangely it also happens that if you create application with VIN, they do not appear in custom groups of vCOPS. Maybe the two problems are linked.

Any suggestions? Thx!!!!

Matrix

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So if application aren't getting populated in vCOps, either the VIN data isn't getting stored properly in the inventory service (unlikely), vCOps can't access the inventory service(possible), or vCOps VIN Adapter isn't working/configured to pull application resources (it had to have been messed with to blacklist/whitelist off apps).

Could be a clue to the problem. I would probably re-register vCOps with vCenter to ensure it is registered successfully.

Give this a shot:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=201859...

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have no idea! MY VIN application aren't visible at all (Custom UI and UI view)

I would like to check firewall rules, but I don't know which are the ports involved.

Matrix

0 Kudos
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Matrix,

Did you check the "Release notes" about this one?

VMware vCenter Operations Manager 5.7

Please take a look at the link above.

The other suggestion is if you have setup certificates to secure VCOps SSL connection and somehow web client doesn't trust them.

Hope you are able to resolve this.

Alex D.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Dd you try the KB I sent you? The goal is to confirm that vCOps is properly registered with vCenter and the plug-ins is registered properly in the web client.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

locate the virgo.log file of the vSphere client and look for some clues

Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi mark.j,

I'll try tomorrow... Thank you for the moment!

Matrix

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

thank you. I'll try tomorrow. It seems a good idea...

Matrix

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Alexander,

thank you for your answer, No, I have not set SSL certificates.

Matrix

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi all,

in the log file vsphere_client_virgo.log I see:

[2013-10-01 17:50:25.249] ERROR [ERROR] data-service-pool-12402 com.vmware.om.client.planning.impl.VcopsDataAdapterImpl org.springframework.remoting.RemoteAccessException: Could not access HTTP invoker remote service at [https://xx.xx.xx.xx/vcops-vsphere/api/LicenseManagerService]; nested exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Any idea?

Matrix

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I think some posts are lost here, hmm!

anyway - if you can access that URL (https://xx.xx.xx.xx/vcops-vsphere/api/LicenseManagerService) within browser and get a nice "error 500", then there' some connection problem/latency/firewall between the vcops machine and the one where vSphere Client server runs

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi gradinka,

thanks for your patience. I think there's a problem in latency, because firewall rules are OK (I think...) but I'm not sure. How can check the root cause?

Matrix

0 Kudos
benbjamin24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I had this same issue and it was resolved by simply disabling/reconfiguring the proxy server on the vcenter server.

Ben

Ben VCP
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you Ben,

I'll try your suggestion...

Matrix

0 Kudos
ggmattingly
Contributor
Contributor

We experienced this same problem after upgrading vCenter to version 5.5. The version of vCOPS is 5.7.1 which is compatible with vCenter 5.5. As indicated in the original posting, when accessing the web client and selecting a host an error message is displayed in the Health State frame on the Summary tab.  The message indicates that vCenter cannot contact vCOPS to populate the health state data.

The issue was fixed by logging into the vCenter Operations Manager Adminsitration portal on the vCOPS UI appliance, un-registering the vCenter server and then re-registering the vCenter server on the Registration page.

In our scenario we actually had two vCenter servers registered with the vCOPS server. Both were upgraded to version 5.5 however only one had the issue. The two vCetner servers were in linked mode. From the web client, when you selected a host in one vCenter the Health State data was displayed normally. Selecting a host in the other vCenter produced the error in the Health State frame.

Garrett

nicossl
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I found your post too late!

I resolved the same issue (no communication between the Web Client and vCOPS) by un-registering/re-registering the vCenter Server in the vCOPS administration page.

In my case, the certificate was the root cause. After replaced the auto-signed by a new certificate, the communication was lost. A new pairing has solved this issue!

Nicolas

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you however for your feedback...

The problem was the port 10443 blocked. It must be opened between vCOPS (UI and Analytics) and vCenter on this port. This resolves even the issue with VIN (before VIN does not integrate correctly with vCOPS)

Matrix

g0rbi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've got the same issue here, but it is NOT the Firewall, because this Port I have had already opened.

What's maybe with this Thread?:

vCenter Operations Manger Error when viewing from the webclient Health Tab

0 Kudos