VMware Cloud Community
estes2691
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot Create or Edit Report?

Maybe I am having a dense moment, but I cannot seem to be able to create/edit reports within my vRealize Operations Manager instance...

I am running the newest update and it is connected successfully to my vCenter.  I can run existing reports correctly, but cannot edit or create new ones.

Anyone run into this issue or have any insight? 

Here is a pic of my Reports Dashboard when logged in as the local admin:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

This kind of limitation may be happen by two reasons, user is not permitted to do create/edit reports operation, in that case you have to grant those permissions to the user, or as result of using Standart Licence in that case you have to change the vRops license to Advanced.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

As you are logging as the local admin i am pretty sure it is not a permissions thing. But it could be a licence thing.

I am just off a call with VMware support for a capacity calculation problem since my upgrade to 6.6 but came across another thing that may be causing this.

The engineer has seen this twice this week. In my case when i selected a host in the environment tab i was getting a invalid licence watermark all over the screen. The engineer didnt say it was a bug with the upgrade but the workaround that fixed it for me and the other customer was:

In administration, management and licencing

In this screen my licence usage was 0

select licence group tab

Select the product Licencing group and edit it. (I think this is a default group and again the usage was 0)

In my case i had to tick the licence key again and complete the wizard. This then reapplied the licences to my environment and got rid of the error message.

If this is the case with you it might explain why you cant do the reports bit as it is a licence specific option.

0 Kudos
estes2691
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I will check this out and report back.  I didn't even think to check the licensing.

Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
estes2691
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Licensing does not seem to be the issue.

0 Kudos
vincen0616
Contributor
Contributor

I'm meet the same situation,Not yet resolved.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Please provide more information including your license, permissions, and version.

0 Kudos
vincen0616
Contributor
Contributor

hi daphnissov

1.vRealize Operations Manager appliance 6.6.0 & 6.6.1

2.Have vRealize Operations for Horizon & VMware vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus for vRealize Operations ( or 60Days Try Key)

3.Local Admin or New Local User to all permissions.

Thank you,

Vincent Huang

0 Kudos
vincen0616
Contributor
Contributor

oh~

I Change my License from "VMware vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus for vRealize Operations" To "vRealize Operations Management Suite 6 Enterprise Edition for vRealize Operations", Then Can Use Create & Edit Report & dashboards!

VMware vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus for vRealize Operations = vRealize Operations Standard, So no support Customizable dashboards and reports.

Thank you,

Vincent Huang

0 Kudos