VMware Cloud Community
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Canceled alerts

Is there a  way to stop a canceled alert alert from being sent REST or/and Email

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In order to send an alert to SHIM you are probably using vrops notifications? If this assumption is correct you can disable notification on canceld by modifying notification -- advanced settings -- alert status. This filtering is there starting with vrops 6.5 I believe...

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What's going on here, exactly? You have an alert that has already been canceled, yet it continues to send over the REST and email plug-in as if it were active??

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I have created an alert. We send it to a SHIM server that formats the vrops REST payload into a format our upstream service recognises. That is then sent to an ENS system that then creates automatic tickets in ore ticketing system.

I know a bit long winded but that is the way we have to do it.

Once the ticket is closed that is the end of it. What i dont want to do is flood our SHIM or the upstream service with canceled alerts in vrops. What i would like to do if possible is not send canceled alert payloads to the SHIM at all because as long as the ticket is closed no one cares if the alert is canceled in vrops

0 Kudos
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In order to send an alert to SHIM you are probably using vrops notifications? If this assumption is correct you can disable notification on canceld by modifying notification -- advanced settings -- alert status. This filtering is there starting with vrops 6.5 I believe...

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Perfect That is what i am after.

0 Kudos