VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Can vCOPS API be used for ITSM integration?

Hello,

I am looking for some solution which can help me understand and leverage vCOPS API to capture alerts and send those to 3rd party ITSM tool also close alerts when resolved issue in ITSM, basically GET and POST both if i am not wrong.

Thanks in Advance.

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello.

You can configure VCOps to send SNMP traps to any external system that supports such input (most mgmt tools should support it).

Once you resolve the issue in the third party system in theory the VCOps alert should also automatically cease after a couple of collection cycles. I don't think I know some easy mechanism to cancel VCOps alerts from outside - someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Alex D.

0 Kudos
ChrisRu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

we do this with the vCenter Orchestrator. We send an SNMP Trap to the orchestrator which interacts then with our ITSM Tool.

There is an arcticle how to integrate vCO with vCOPS vCenter Operations integration with vCenter Orchestrator in 5 minutes or less | VMware vCenter Orche...

Regsrds,

Christian

vFantastic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What version of SNMP? Have a client with a SNMPv3 req...

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Hello Chris,

that really helped me to intiate a 'Default Action ' workflow whenever trap is received and based on filter defined which gives me well defined values to the fields, but i could not understand how to covert this into SOAP/REST message and send it to webservices of my ITSM tool.

thanks

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Chris,

thanks for the path showed , i could proceed furthur with SOAP massages and map those to the WSDL fields however i got stuck with integration of SOAP webservices with vCO, for which i has opened seperate discussion in orchestrator community.

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
ChrisRu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey virexpert,

sorry for not coming back earlier.

Glad to hear that the described way helped you. The SOAP webservices in vCO are not so easy, but I think the VCO Guys will help you out there.

@vFantastic we use only v2 I'm not sure if v3 is supported.

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos