VMware Cloud Community
Jim_Huang_nj
Contributor
Contributor

Can't install VCM agent into Linux machine in Linux machine

Hi guys,

I just installed VMware configuration Manager 5.8.2.

I can install VCM agent into Windows machine. But I can't install VCM agent into Linux machine.

I tried to manually copy the install package into Linux machine, then install it, it is OK, But I can't install it by Delegate Machine.

I checked the job it stopped "check request is complete‘.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you post dbe file with appropriate logs and exact error you get after pushing the agent.

Regards, Oleg

0 Kudos
Jim_Huang_nj
Contributor
Contributor

"

Machine  Data Type  Status  Item Name  Status Detail  Last Step  Start Time  Collection Duration  Insert Duration  Transform Duration  File Size (KB) 
"""UNIX/Linux Agent Install""Failed""Overall""Error timeout occurred: [ HRESULT 0x000005b4 = This operation returned because the timeout period expired.;] Current setting:  1800 seconds, Retry (2/3).""Failed""11/14/2016 4:59:19 PM"" "" "" "" "

"

In the job manager, the status detail show operation timeout and I also found download Linux Agent file(CMAgent.5.8.2.Linux) very slowly to target machine. It is almost need 1 hour.

0 Kudos
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I would suggest following:

1. check if installed agent can communicate with vcm collector (try to collect machine info) and port 26542 is opened from the collector to the agent machine

2. increase timeout value for the job.

Regards, Oleg

0 Kudos
Jim_Huang_nj
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply~~

I am sure the collector can communicate with target machine and the target machine's firewall was been stopped.

In addition, I can find temp file in target machine path '/temp/'.

BaiduShurufa_2016-11-14_21-43-25.png

I also changed the timeout setting as below screenshot, but it did not work.

Is it a correct setting? If not, could you teach me how to increase timeout value for install linux agent?

Thank you!

BaiduShurufa_2016-11-14_21-38-21.png

0 Kudos
Jim_Huang_nj
Contributor
Contributor

If we manually install the Unix agent, It can work, so this port is normal.

The collector  is in same subnet with Linux machine. Why is it so slowly?

0 Kudos
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you please collect dbe event log using EcmDebugEventViewer.exe tool located at %VCM Install Folder%/Tools during installation job and post it here.

Also open SR and post SR number here.

Thanks, Oleg

0 Kudos