VMware Cloud Community
Dellemann1
Contributor
Contributor

Can't get new alerts to work anymore in vrops

Hello,

We're using the HTTP Post adapter to post objects. I've been able to create working alerts on objects in the past. Yesterday I've created a new object and added a new alert type with new metric symptoms to it. Ever since I can't get the alert to trigger. Some info to explain the situation:

- The object is related to the default policy.

- The metric symptom cycles are both 1.

- I've posted about 20 times since yesterday. To test the alert I've adjusted the metric values that I've posted: for some posts (after each other) the alert definition should be met (true), for others it shouldn't be (false).

- I recollect that with the previous alert is also took a lot of time (days) before we got it to work.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance for the advice Smiley Happy.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
thomsonac
Contributor
Contributor

Just a thought, did you check the "keep group membership up to date" on your custom group(s)?

0 Kudos
Dellemann1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. The objects that should make the alerts are part of a group, which have the same settings. The problem is that I can't get the alerts to even work for the object's themself (so the group isn't effected either).

0 Kudos
thomsonac
Contributor
Contributor

We might have a very similar problem.  We created a bunch of custom groups and then created notifications targeting the groups.  Unfortunately none of the emails get generated; support is looking at the issue but suspected that alerting on custom groups is broken/not implemented.  Do the alerts fire in the alert screen and you just don't get notified or do they not fire at all?

0 Kudos
Dellemann1
Contributor
Contributor

These new alerts don't fire at all. I've made working alerts in the past, but somehow these don't work.

0 Kudos