VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

Can't authenticate AD user in vROps

I attempted to set up AD as an authentication source for vROps, so any user with an account in Active Directory could log in to vROps.  I think I successfully set up AD as an authentication source.  When I "tested' the connecting it tested successfully as in the screen below.  But when I go back and try to log in to vROps with an AD user, the login fails.

pastedImage_0.png

I tried to pull in a user individually into vROps in the screen below to see if that would allow an AD user to log in.   But I can't seem to pull any individual AD users in.  I try to "import a user" from AD in the screen below, and I can't "Import" any users from AD, even though my AD tests successfully as an authentication source:

pastedImage_2.png

When I click "search" in the screen below, it doesn't pull the AD account called "administrator" from my AD domain in.

infrastructure\administrator should be able to log in to the vROps user interface but can't.  What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
virtualg_uk
Leadership
Leadership

Sounds like a problem with the base DN settings etc.

In the first screenshot, can you post that configuration under details and ensure it was automatically discovered correctly (ie the config is correct and that the user account you are testing with is under that base DN)?

Here is the end to end process:

http://bcove.me/yl3nq0o4

Summary: Add LDAP source, import user/group, assign role, login as that user.

Graham | User Moderator | https://virtualg.uk
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

OK - thanks. Here is the screenshot with the details attached...

0 Kudos
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Solution 1: Change the Common Name: field to SamAccountName

This should fix your problem.

Solution 2 (Optional): If you have more than one DC in your environment, try changing the DC to another.

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos