VMware Cloud Community
peacey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can't Save Management Pack Configuration In VROPS

Hi There,

We have started to come across a strange issue with our new deployment of VROPS 6.1 when trying to configure certain management packs.

We have 3 VrOPs appliances deployed, Master, Master Replica and Remote collector monitoring 3 vSphere cluster (2 vRealize and one NSX) deployed using standard VMware best practices and have been working fine. we had some issues with our vSAN where we lost a lot of data because of a corrupt datastore which meant losing our 2 Resource and Management cluster vCenter appliances. Our vROPS / PSC's /vRA appliances / instances were fine as these were running on other storage. We have had to re-bulid our vCenter's but now have everything back up and running as expected.

However... We have started to add the vRA and SCOM management packs in vROPS which works ok and configures fine.... but then something strange happens after about 5 mins of collecting data.... the Configuration of each of the vRA and SCOM Adaptors disappears..... And data collecting stops. On further inspection it looks as if someone has gone in and deleted the config from the adaptor but this is not the case as no one else has access to this environment.

Anyway, now when we try and re-configure an instance / configuration of an adaptor we cannot save the adapter configuration after we successfully test the connection we get this strange message which I have attached a screen shot to this post.

The message reads the following:

1. Failed to create AI resource. Resource with same key already exists.

We have tried to remove the Management Pack(s), Re-install PAK and overwrite existing but this does not work we are still getting the same error back when trying to save.

We are now not able to save the configuration of the vRA or SCOM adapters.... and I’m slightly baffled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Peacey
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelRyom
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi

I have had similar issue. Which user are you logged in as ? There are some issue with user rights and management packs. Only the local admin users should be used, try to login with that account and see if your configuration is not there already (As the error msg states).

Blogging at https://MichaelRyom.dk

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelRyom
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi

I have had similar issue. Which user are you logged in as ? There are some issue with user rights and management packs. Only the local admin users should be used, try to login with that account and see if your configuration is not there already (As the error msg states).

peacey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks it would seem that this solves my issue. Need to look into how we solve this from an RBAC point of view.... we have noticed some strange things in the access control panel!

Thanks again!

Regards Peacey
0 Kudos
evilensky
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Michael, MichaelRyom

We're having a similar issue on a similar vintage vROPS install.  The management pack configures and works when consuming data while logged in as 'admin' user, but no data is visible to other users from sphere.local or our own AD domains.  Any advice this many years later?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MichaelRyom
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Ev

Sound like a RBAC issue. I would look at the roles and see of there is anything you are missing for your AD/vSphere roles.

evilensky
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you so much for sending me down the correct rabbit trail.  Turns out our team did not understand the differences between vcenter authentication and domain authentication, vcenter users were being assigned to the wrong local group instead of domain users imported into privileged group.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos