VMware Cloud Community
maccilyas
Contributor
Contributor

Can not import user from Vmware Identity Manager

Hi All,

I added Vmware Identity Manager as an Authentication Source in vROPS 6.6.1.6163041. I cannot import users from vIDM so cannot give any permissions to any user. When i try to connect to VROPS through IDM, i can login but VROPS gives a default read-only permission to the user. How can i give permission to a user while using vIDM?

2017-11-01_1438.png

2017-11-01_1439.png

2017-11-01_1442.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have been trying to figure this out as well.  One thing I found is that once the vIDM user is created in vROps you can add that user to other local groups in vROps. So you can assign additional roles beyond read-only, but it would be nice to be able to assign roles prior to the first login.  I have to think that this functionality will be added if it isn't there already.

0 Kudos
maccilyas
Contributor
Contributor

Yes you are correct. It seems this is the only way to give proper permissions to vIDM users. But it means i have to create a local group for every single vIDM user if i want to give different object permissions for different users. And every user which can authenticate via vIDM has read-only permission on vROPS.

Thank you.

0 Kudos