VMware Cloud Community
tietzjd25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can not add VC 5.0 up1 to vcops 5.6

It allows me to test the connection, states in the admin console that it is connected and registered.  But in the web console I click on the VC and shows me nothing, in VC via the plugin it states that vCenter can not connect.

No issues with the other VC's that where connected before the upgrade.

1 error in the Web log I see is : java.net connectexception connection refused

Any help would be great.

Joe Tietz VCAP-DCD Solutions Architect
0 Kudos
13 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

If you login with the Collector User account on vSphere Client...do you see inventory items ?

0 Kudos
advref
Contributor
Contributor

To be able to connect to a VCenter 5.0 Update 1 you have to call in for a different License Key.

This is from the Release Notes.

Important License keys for vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.6 with vCenter Server 5.0 or 4.1
The vCenter Operations Management Suite 5.6 supports a Single Suite license key to enable functionality across all the suite components. To use this Suite license key with Operations Manager and Infrastructure navigator (VIN), you must have at least one instance of vCenter Server 5.1.

To use vCenter Operations Manager and vCenter Infrastructure navigator components with vCenter Server versions 5.0 or 4.1, obtain the compatible license keys for these products from the text file located under each of the Product downloads:

0 Kudos
tietzjd25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can see the VC and that's it. You click on the VC and nothing expands down. Looking though the custom web UI I was able to pull togther support bundle. In the custome UI it states it can not connect to the VC even though it is regestered and connected in the Admin UI.

0 Kudos
tietzjd25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was with sales team last night with VMware and change out from the vCloud suite key to standalone key that works with 4.x and 5.x. Local TAM gave us the same key.

0 Kudos
advref
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried using the desktop vSphere client? I found with the Web Client there are things that you still can't do yet.

0 Kudos
tietzjd25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hstrdom- I mistook your question. But yes the account we use can see all objects in the VC, and is the same account we use in 4.x.  I don't know what the adpter password is to test that out since it is created by VCops.

0 Kudos
tietzjd25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

advref- Yes that gives my vCenter Authentication error.

Thank you for everyone's help by the way! Smiley Happy  

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Try this:

Dont use the collector acount details...just dont put anything in there where the user and pass is. What ever your collector account is...use that in the Adminitrator account details....see if that works.

0 Kudos
tietzjd25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We use the same accout for both login, it's services account. Tried it anyway and it did not work. I also bounced the service for good mesure.

0 Kudos
advref
Contributor
Contributor

Let's take this from the top.

You have configured the VApp with the Ip Address pool.

You can access the Admin Console.

You have created a new registration.

You see the VCenter Server Address Undrer VCenter

You see the Connection Status as Connected

You see the Registration User and the Collection User.

Does this user have local admin rights to the server?

And does this user have rights to access the VCenter itself?

0 Kudos
tietzjd25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You have configured the VApp with the Ip Address pool. -Yes

You can access the Admin Console. -Yes

You have created a new registration. -Yes we have 5 registered VC's in same domain with same service account Only 5.0 U1's don't connect since 5.6 upgrade (1 exisiting and 1 new)

You see the VCenter Server Address Undrer VCenter - Yes.

You see the Connection Status as Connected - Yes

You see the Registration User and the Collection User. - Yes

Does this user have local admin rights to the server? User as Admin rights at VC level.

And does this user have rights to access the VCenter itself?  Yes.

All the certs are self  signed expires in 10 years.

0 Kudos
advref
Contributor
Contributor

Simple question would be why not simply upgrade to 5.1? Is that not possible?

0 Kudos
tietzjd25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

5.1 SSO does not work with mutiple domain logins. So at this time it is not possible for us.

0 Kudos