VMware Cloud Community
bnetech
Contributor
Contributor

CIQ Database Errors during Upgrade

I have been try to upgrade my Ops Manager 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 and every time I do I get a failed upgrade.  Has anyone seen this issue before?

[main] ERROR com.vmware.vcops.dbupgrade.CiqEncryptUtil  2012-05-23 21:46:50,347 - [ERROR] re-encryption failed!
    Possible reason: Input length must be multiple of 16 when decrypting with padded cipher
Please check the logs for more information.
[main] ERROR com.vmware.vcops.dbupgrade.CiqEncryptUtil  2012-05-23 21:46:50,347 - Terminating execution...
Re-encryption of CIQ DB data failed Error code = 1. Check /var/log/vmware/dbupgrade-ciq.log for details

Also before anyone asks I have tried the following

- deployed another vcops 5.0.1 and tried vcops-admin upgrade50 from the existing 5.0.0 (3 times)

- tried the roll up .pak (> 8 times)

I also have had a support case open with vmware for the past three days in regards to these errors.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SanjayaPanigrah
Contributor
Contributor

Can you attach the log here for the problem.

Is your 5.0 setup is fresh installation or upgrade from 1.0 release ?

Thanks

Sanjaya

0 Kudos
bnetech
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried a upgrade from 5.0 to 5.0.1 via the .pak patch as well as a full new deploy of vcops 5.0.1 and rolled the services over via upgrade50 command.  Both attempts seems to have issues when getting to upgrading the CIQ Database.  Everything else seems to complete with any issues.

Attached is the upgrade log for CIQ database from the UI machine.

0 Kudos
STVKR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please attach full logs by executing the below command from "UI VM" as admin user.

vcops-admin diag-bundle

0 Kudos
bnetech
Contributor
Contributor

I found the issue a while back and forgot to post it.  There is a bug with the upgrade with the SMTP field in the DB being in the wrong table. To fix this disable the SMTP and run the upgrade.

0 Kudos