VMware Cloud Community
Fatespinner
Contributor
Contributor

Any way to make metric datasets less granular?

By default the system captures metrics every 5 minutes, but I am wanting to export some long-term metrics from several of our servers into a CSV format with hourly metrics in order to reduce the sheer volume of data. Is there any efficient way to do this without simply exporting it as-is and filtering the data in Excel? I only want to see a single data point per hour on each metric captured in the export, not a dozen.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
greco827
Expert
Expert

Reports don't have to be at the same rate as the collection intervals.  By drilling down into the report itself, you can see below that you can set the roll-up intervals, which are 5 minutes by default, to many other things, including 1 hour.

vROps_Report_Intervals.jpg

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
Fatespinner
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply! This is definitely a step in the right direction. Now I just need to figure out how to get the report to output a list of the data values at each interval instead of simply providing a line graph or single min/max/avg value...

0 Kudos