VMware Cloud Community
twoton
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All Dashboard Charts in vRO 6.2.1 Show "No Data Available"

Hello-

I'm not entirely sure when this started happening, but the other day I went to look at a datastore heatmap in the datastore dashboard and the normal chart area just showed a gray window with "No data available" printed on it.  I thought maybe it was my collector, but everything looked good with it.  I went ahead and re-created it anyway, going so far as to do it a second time but allowing it to remove all previous data, still no luck.  I was using a service account for the data collection so I changed it to the administrator@vsphere.local account, but that didn't make any difference.  I tried upgrading to the latest and greatest version of vRO, 6.2.1.3774215, and gave it a couple weeks but still nothing.  All of my other data seems to be collecting and working just fine, including regular health alerts or anomaly warnings.  Health, risk, and efficiency badges all seem to be generating just fine, it's only the charts in the dashboards and widgets that seem to be broken, and it does it for everything from VM's to hosts to datastores.  Anyone have any ideas, or suggestions on where I might go to investigate further?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NelsonCandela
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My idea is that you need to edit the Dashboards and manually re-select the objects that you're trying to monitor.

I had a similar issue if I recall correctly and that was reproducible only after an upgrade. So go to the Dashboards that show no info and click on the pencil icon to edit it and check if any object is selected at all; if you don't mind attach or embed a screenshot with the faulty Dashboards.

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hussainbte
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What is the Collection state and collection status in vRealize.

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
NelsonCandela
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My idea is that you need to edit the Dashboards and manually re-select the objects that you're trying to monitor.

I had a similar issue if I recall correctly and that was reproducible only after an upgrade. So go to the Dashboards that show no info and click on the pencil icon to edit it and check if any object is selected at all; if you don't mind attach or embed a screenshot with the faulty Dashboards.

Best regards

0 Kudos
twoton
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Weird.. changing nothing other than clicking on the pencil icon and then immediately selecting "save" caused the charts to render again.  While I am very happy that it is a simple fix, it does seem incredibly tedious to have to do this to every dashboard.  >:| 

0 Kudos