VMware Cloud Community
dvnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

Alerting based on existing conditions

Hi, I’ve created alert definitions to monitor certain metrics based on static thresholds for my VMs in my environment.  This seems to work for the VMs that exhibited the alert symptoms after I implemented the alert definition.  However the VMs that already exhibited those symptoms prior to my alert definition is not being alerted on.

I created a dashboard to list all of my VMs and with it the metrics I want to monitor.  Based on this dashboard and a deeper look at the VMs individually, the alerts should have been triggered for these VMs.

is this a function of alerting?  How can I get it to alert on these VMs that exhibited the symptoms prior to my alert definition?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
virtualg_uk
Leadership
Leadership

If you create a new alert definition based on a new or existing symptom then you should see that alert in the alerts page regardless of if the symptom has already triggered (This is what my testing shows anyway)

If you dismiss the alert for one of them, does it come back with the standard alert and your new one on the next cycle?

Graham | User Moderator | https://virtualg.uk
0 Kudos