VMware Cloud Community
Shellp
Contributor
Contributor

After installing vCenter Operations it dosen't show any of my ESX Servers or anything.... any ideas

1755702.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am currently experiencing the same problem.

Everything installed fine, and all the credentials tested fine, however looking through the logs

vCenter Operations Standard Administration

https://<vCOps IP>/adminMain.action

- Logs

- Alive Collector

- Colector.log

I get these errors

2011-06-29 09:26:32,419 ERROR [VMVI RetrieverThread Datacenter Watcher1]  (13) com.integrien.adapter.vmware.PropertyRetriever.run - Error in  process properties
java.rmi.RemoteException: VI SDK invoke exception:org.dom4j.DocumentException: null Nested exception: null

I read another post (http://communities.vmware.com/message/1718651) saying that they created another "Read only" login and this fixed their problem. This hasn't fixed it for us.

Ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

These are the alive logs that i'm getting

2011-07-07 23:44:19,353 ERROR [Collector worker thread 3] (13)  com.integrien.adapter.vmware.VMwareAdapter.collect - Unable to connect!  (in collect method): VI SDK invoke  exception:org.dom4j.DocumentException: null Nested exception: null
2011-07-07  23:44:25,227 ERROR [VMVI RetrieverThread Datacenter Watcher1] (13)  com.integrien.adapter.vmware.PropertyRetriever.run - Error in process  properties
java.rmi.RemoteException: VI SDK invoke exception:org.dom4j.DocumentException: null Nested exception: null
at com.vmware.vim25.ws.WSClient.invoke(WSClient.java:181)
at com.vmware.vim25.ws.WSClient.invoke(WSClient.java:123)
at com.vmware.vim25.ws.VimStub.login(VimStub.java:1491)
at com.vmware.vim25.mo.SessionManager.login(SessionManager.java:148)
at com.vmware.vim25.mo.ServiceInstance.<init>(ServiceInstance.java:88)
at com.vmware.vim25.mo.ServiceInstance.<init>(ServiceInstance.java:69)
at com.integrien.adapter.vmware.VMwareAdapter.connect(VMwareAdapter.java:1044)
at com.integrien.adapter.vmware.PropertyRetriever$RetrieverThread.run(PropertyRetriever.java:121)

It looks like a permissions problem but the user that is used for the collector is a domain admin and an administrator in vCenter. Also all the credentitial test fine when adding vCenter.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Stupid mistake, but a simple fix,

This was caused because the the appliance did not have it's time synced to the ESXi Host.

To Fix

Procedure
1 In the vSphere Client, right-click the vCenter Operations Standard virtual appliance and select Edit Settings.
2 In the Virtual Machine Properties dialog box, click the Options tab.
3 Select the VMware Tools setting.
4 Under Advanced options, select Synchronize guest time with host.
5 Click OK.

All works as it should do Smiley Happy

0 Kudos