Enthusiast
Enthusiast

6.0.3 vs. 6.1

Jump to solution

reading the 'what's new' docs to see what the difference is but I'm still not exactly sure.

vRealize Operations Manager 6.0.3 Release Notes

VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.1 Release Notes

6.1 has hyperic integrated, so is 6.0.3 for users of the stand-alone hyperic solution?

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

6.0.3 is just a minor update to 6.0.2 to add some bug fixes. v6.1 includes major improvements of the core functionality of the product. The only folks going 6.0.3 are those who want to 'wait and see' what happens with 6.1 either by choice or their organizational mandates due to the .x upgrade, however there are core improvements in v6.1 that will push many to go straight to v6.1.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

6.0.3 is just a minor update to 6.0.2 to add some bug fixes. v6.1 includes major improvements of the core functionality of the product. The only folks going 6.0.3 are those who want to 'wait and see' what happens with 6.1 either by choice or their organizational mandates due to the .x upgrade, however there are core improvements in v6.1 that will push many to go straight to v6.1.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen something like that with an update. I would imagine splitting out the development resources would be too much to allow for something like that. Nice to have as an option though.

Thanks

0 Kudos