VMware Cloud Community
cgrvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

iDRAC Issues

I've setup a few iDRAC's to log to a new Log Insight instance - the issue I'm having is that although all hosts are setup the exact same way there are some that are not logging to Log insight. Even when I hit the Test option and put in something like FAN1000 it notifies me that the test was a success - but I'm seeing nothing in Log Insight.

The other issue is that the hosts that are logging are reporting a hostname of the iDRAC network address - can this be set to the iDRAC DNS name (which I've set under iDRAC Settings --> Common Settings)

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This sounds more like an iDRAC issue than a Log Insight issue. Have you tried to generate any events on the one(s) that isn't logging to vRLI?

0 Kudos
cgrvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I tried that - it iDRAC it alerted that the message was sent - but nothing appeared in loginsight.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

And if you try that same test from other iDRACs, the message is received?

0 Kudos
cgrvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes.

It really looks like user error - but I've checked all the settings on the iDRAC's and they all appear the same.

Also - no idea if the iDRAC name should be appearing in Log Insight - or if the IP address is the expected name?

0 Kudos