VMware Cloud Community
bouke
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Rename smart tag / event_type

Hi all,

I've been looking into this now and cannot find the solution. I want to rename specific events (right now they have this meaningless v4_blabla event_types, like: v4_513d52a9)... Documentation says:

"

Each type that machine learning discovers represents a new type of field called smart field. The default name of a smart field follows the format smart field - type number [event_type]. You can change the default name of a smart field. After you name a smart field, it appears under the Fields section just like other fields. You can rename or delete a smart field but you cannot modify its definition.

"

Which is what I want... But how? Must be very simple somewhere in the UI but I cannot find it...

Oh no, another Virtualisation signature...
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
sflanders
Commander
Commander

A smart field is schema discovery -- these are the blue hyperlinks you see on the Event Types tab. You cannot rename event types today. You should vote for or open a feature on https://loginsight.vmware.com.

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos