VMware Cloud Community
ChaseHansen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Possible bug with adding queries to favorites

I've noticed that when I build a query say with a time range of 24 hours and then click the "Add current query to favorites". When I click the "Favorite queries" button and pull it again it changes the time range to custom and goes back to the time when I originally ran the query and not for the last 24 hour period.

Is this expected behavior?

This is in the 2.0.1 beta

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hey Chase,

Yes, this is expected behavior. Saved queries are the ONLY time that the time range is also saved. For more information see the following: Save a Query in Log Insight

"Saved queries include a fixed time range and are not updated. By saving a query, you take a snapshot of log messages available within the time range at the moment when you save."

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hey Chase,

Yes, this is expected behavior. Saved queries are the ONLY time that the time range is also saved. For more information see the following: Save a Query in Log Insight

"Saved queries include a fixed time range and are not updated. By saving a query, you take a snapshot of log messages available within the time range at the moment when you save."

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos