VMware Cloud Community
EdvardvG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Anyone who has encountered a problem were Log Insight does not receive any logs from SQL Server?
I have installed the agent on the SQL server and according to Log Insight it is connected, however the liagent-effective.ini is empty so it doesn't seem to have picked up the rules for monitoring.

I have tried recreating the template, restarting the services and created some events from the SQL server but nothing has worked.

Running Log Insight 4.0 against in this case a SQL Server 2012 running on a Server 2012 R2.

/Eddie

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

What is the version of Log Insight you are using? Have you create a agent config for the logs as per setup instructions in the content pack ?

If yes have you verified if your logs are in this location?

directory=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Log

If you'd like for me to check these things over a webex, please send me your email id and I'll schedule a call.

0 Kudos
EdvardvG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I'm using Log Insight 4.0.  I have verified the \Log location.  Even removed the agent and redone the process a couple of times.  The thing is i have managed to get it working on two SQL servers but on the remaining I'm coming up short.  Log Insight has contact but the liagent-effective.ini dosent recieve its configuration.

A webex if possible would be great.  edvard.von.gerber@axfood.se

/Eddie

0 Kudos