VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

Has anyone successfully integrated Log Insight with Zerto to receive Zerto events?  What was the design and can you give you experience / recommendations - thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sflanders
Commander
Commander

I asked around, but was unable to find anyone currently.

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos
mikejtucker
Contributor
Contributor

Zerto events are registered in vCenter and show in loginsight

search loginsight for your VPG names, or keywords like 'journal' or 'VPG'

You will find the same events as in vCenter.

TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

OK great - at least I can get Zerto events that are seen in vCenter as part of Zerto's integration with vCenter.  What about actual syslog server configuration for the zerto managers?  Can the Zerto management Vms send syslog entries directly into log insight?  If vCenter goes down, and the only events that log insight sees from zerto come through vCenter, then I lose that info until vCenter comes back.  Can I / should I put syslog entries directly from Zerto Management VMs into Log insight?

0 Kudos
mikejtucker
Contributor
Contributor

By contacting Zerto support they may assist you in setting up syslog on each ZRA. They will not give you the root password for the ZRA so if you add or Upgrade a ZRA you would need to contact Zerto support to have it configured again.

You can however view the Zerto events without vCenter using the ZVM and opening a browser window to your ZVM using https://ZVM_IP:9669/zvm

0 Kudos