VMware Cloud Community
DrNickT
Contributor
Contributor

Currently for my Operations Manager deployments, I have one per Data Center (3).  I just deployed Log Insight, I put the master in one datacenter, and one node per DC.  I added each of my vCenter's to Log Insight, but I noticed you can only add one Operations Manager to it.  What's the best practice?  Instead of having multi Operations Managers, should I just have one and replicate it to DR?  Or for Log Insight, should I break it into 3 deployments, one per DC?  I can see the pro's and con's of each.  Just curious on what most people do, and what is considered best practice.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sflanders
Commander
Commander

It really comes down to the size of your DCs. In general, most people deploy a single vC Ops instance unless they are really large and then use DR as necessary. For LI, bandwidth traffic is low show typically it is deployed in a single DC as well with DR as necessary.

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos
DrNickT
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks.  VMware considers it a "Medium" deployment. 

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander

Cool, then you should be good with one.

If your question is answered can you mark it as answered (may not work in IE so try another browser if you do not see the option).

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander

If your question is answered can you mark it as answered?

0 Kudos