VMware Cloud Community
SteveCSchofield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Got this message inside log insight 4.3 when trying to configure vCenter agents??  Any ideas???  I'm running 6.5a

Capture.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Oops an oversight. v4.3 of the content pack does support vCenter 6.5. Setup instructions should say it. I'll publish an update soon with the fix to the text.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

So the content pack is correct and so is the agent config note. I was too quick to reply. The content pack supports vSphere 6.5 but log insight agent cannot be installed on vCenter 6.5 (which is based on photon OS) and hence the agent config cannot be used for vSphere 6.5. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
SteveCSchofield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. I enabled syslog on a PSC (vcsa appliance) and VCSA 6.5a, within the vami to forward to LI (no firewalls in the way). I'm seeing a couple of out of box dashboards blank.  the 6.5 config dashboard has data.   is there a way to look in log insight to determine a fully healthy VC (both api calls and syslog forwarding)?   i've put a host 6.5 in the filter and still doesn't bring anything, I didn't include for security reasons the host name.

2017-03-09_14-41-03.png

2017-03-09_14-42-19.png

0 Kudos