VMware Cloud Community
9lz
Contributor
Contributor

Juniper content pack hangs web browser

Hi,

Whenever we use the Juniper content pack dashboards, the web browser hangs completely. Any one else experience this and have a solution? We have tried multiple computers and web browsers. We talked to VMware Support, but they couldn't help. They only suggest that we try to optimize the regex used by this content pack, but we don't have the skills to do this.

Thanks.

6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Yes support had reached out to me regarding this. I have sent a note to Juniper since they own the content pack but have not heard back. If I do not hear from them this week . I will look into updating the content pack myself. Sorry about the bother.

0 Kudos
9lz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for keeping focus on this. It's a big deal for us to get this working so that we can have more departments start using Log Insight and hopefully make it the only log collection tool for the entire organization 🙂

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I have not heard back from Juniper; so I think I will update the CP myself. Could you please send me Juniper specific events. There are two ways to do this -

You can collect events with these commands and send me the buckets.tar.gz file generated -

mkdir /storage/var/buckets; cd /storage/var/buckets; loginsight-dump-repo.sh 4; cd ..; tar cfz buckets.tar.gz buckets

This will result in a buckets.tar.gz file that has all events mixed from your Log insight instance ( assuming you have more than just juniper events coming in to your log insight instance.)

Or you can run a query in interactive analytics for text contains 'junos' and  and export the events results using the Export menu in interactive analytics (box with an arrow popping out icon next to the bell icon)

You will need to do this for an hour at a time to limit the number of events returned by your query for the export to be successful. This method will ensure you send me only Juniper events.

You can either attach the exported files here or send them to me at yogitap@vmware.com and I'll take a look.

Thanks!.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Nevermind about the data logs I was able to dig it out from the 2 year old case and I have logs now.

I am not seeing the slowness or browser hand in my environment. is there a chance I can look at it over webex ? Please send me an email id so I can setup a webex it it works.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9lz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have sent you an email so that we can set up a webex session.

dbuenoparedes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

9lz

Has there been any improvement about this issue or have you found a workaround? In our environment we're experiencing this same slowness even on VLI 4.8, Juniper - Security content pack shows it's still v1.0.

0 Kudos