VMware Cloud Community
MeImNot76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Getting virtual machine creation dates

Hello,

LI newbie here!

I need to generate a report of all infrastructure VMs created in the last 30 days, these VMs are placed in particular resource pools. Is there a clean way to do this with Log Insight, hopefully someone was able to create appropriate filters as I wasn't able to Smiley Sad

I'm on LogInsight v4.6.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GayathriS
Expert
Expert

Log Insight does not support generating reports from dashboards and saving it as PDF format at this time.

You can vote for this feature here - Send dashboard as PDF to recipient on scheduled basis 

You can open( or create) your query in Interactive Analytics and Export event results or Export Chart Data as csv or json and use Excel or Word to open the generated file and then save as a PDF file at this time.

Please mark this as correct if this answers and helps you .

regards

Gayathri

MeImNot76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello GayathriS

Thank you for your feedback, do you know the filtering I would need to use to get what I need to see in the Interactive Analysis page i.e. VMs that were created in the last 30 days?

Thank you,

Roderick

0 Kudos
A13x
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

An easier way would be to just use powershell and query vc for vms created in the last x period.

Finding the syslog messages in log insight is possible but too much time wasted on collating and translating this to a report

0 Kudos