VMware Cloud Community
carvaled
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Disconnected cfapi vRLI Agent alerts?

So I have these cfapi vRLI agents which are randomly disconnecting from vRLI and I need to generate an alert when they end up in a state of "disconnected"...

I was thinking this would be a straight forward and simple thing to do but I for the life of me cant find a way to do it!

does anyone have a solution?

Cheers

vMAN

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

While probably not *exactly* what you're looking for (there's no good way at this time), I did work around this problem with a solution I detail in my article here. Maybe this helps in some way.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

While probably not *exactly* what you're looking for (there's no good way at this time), I did work around this problem with a solution I detail in my article here. Maybe this helps in some way.

0 Kudos
SIsraelyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Log Insight has a new "Dormant Hosts" feature which triggers an alert when events stop coming in from a given host for a specified amont of time.

Which LI version are you using ?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Could you tell us more information about this? I am not aware of it and would like to know more. The documentation doesn't have any information that I can find on a search.

0 Kudos
SIsraelyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I'll get back to you early next week with the details!

Sincerely, Sam!

carvaled
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks yeah I implemented the same thing but with 100's of agents this is becoming a nightmare to manage.

I was hoping it had something out of the box as it shows up in the GUI... (I am surprised they don't to be honest!!)

Cheers

vMan

0 Kudos
carvaled
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

very interesting... can you please provide more information?

what would be nice is like a checkbox next to each agent which I can select that says "Alert on Disconnections" for example... the vRLI engineers / developers need to work this out for Enterprise customers at scale.

SIsraelyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

LI has a new feature called Dormant Hosts which is currently being tested and will become available in 4.6GA release.

This feature monitors agents and hosts that send data to LI and alerts when it detects an agent(s)/host(s) NOT sending data to LI for some reason for the given/specified period of time.

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Can't wait for 4.6 in that case.

0 Kudos
carvaled
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

cool cant wait to see it.

0 Kudos