VMware Cloud Community
gagatone
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cisco-UCS Content Pack configuration

Hi,

I downloaded the latest available Cisco-UCS Content Pack, listed as version 1.5.  I was able to import the Content Pack successfully and see the properties of the Dashboard, Queries, Alerts, and Extracted Fields.  I am also able to select the Cisco-UCS Content Pack from a drop down menu under the Dashboards section of the site (there is no data displayed).

However, I cannot find anyway to configure the Content Pack to my Cisco-UCS Fabric Interconnect, etc! 

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

For version 1.5 do you mean Log Insight version 1.5?

Directions for configuring UCS can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/110265-setup-syslog-.... You may want to add a review on the UCS listing on Solution Exchange requesting documentation.

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

For version 1.5 do you mean Log Insight version 1.5?

Directions for configuring UCS can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/110265-setup-syslog-.... You may want to add a review on the UCS listing on Solution Exchange requesting documentation.

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos
laakness
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Make sure your UCS is configured to send syslog data to Log Insight.

Login to UCSM

Go to the Admin tab.

Filter "Faults, Events and Audit Log"

In the right pane click the Syslog tab and configure your settings in the "Remote Destinations" section for Server 1.

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

If your question is answered can you please mark it as answered? Thanks!

0 Kudos
gagatone
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You did answer my questions!

Thanks for your response!

(How do you mark Correct? ...Noob question, sorry)

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

If you do not see an option at the top of this page then it may be a browser issue. I believe the option may not appear in IE so true either Firefox or Chrome. Thanks for marking it answered!

0 Kudos