VMware Cloud Community
jadedpuppy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Change the OVA vCPU, RAM, and disk size

I was wondering if there was a way to change the OVA configuration (vCPU, RAM and disk) before or after deploying the vRealize Log Insight appliance, and still receive support from VMware?  The default for the small configuration is 4 vCPU, and 8 GB of RAM.  We have a scenario where we may need to deploy a vRLI for some very small environments (a handful of devices), and even the small configuration would be grossly over-sized for our requirements.

Thanks for any assistance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can power off the VM to change its properties but the small size is the lowest supported configuration for a vRealize Log Insight appliance. Also once a VM is created you can only go higher not lower for these config changes. Also the configs minimums are based on what the vRLI appliance needs at a minimum to function effectively.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can power off the VM to change its properties but the small size is the lowest supported configuration for a vRealize Log Insight appliance. Also once a VM is created you can only go higher not lower for these config changes. Also the configs minimums are based on what the vRLI appliance needs at a minimum to function effectively.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
jadedpuppy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well it helps, in as far as it gives the answer.  It doesn't much help my problem of these VMs being grossly over-sized for my use case Smiley Happy, but that is hardly your fault.  Thank you for the information.

jadedpuppy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

One more question.  I noticed in the documentation that there is an extra small deployment, but on various places on the web it is intended for lab use only.  This extra small deployment is 2 vCPU, 4 GB RAM, 100 GB disk.  This would help my issue, but I am unsure whether VMware supports the extra small deployment or not?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Correct we do have an extra small deployment available but that is for non-production use simply to try out vRLI for lab purposes. The extra small deployment is not supported or recommended. Thanks.

0 Kudos