VMware Cloud Community
mctaylorchi
Contributor
Contributor

Advice needed for correct Log Insight 'VMware - SRM 8.1+' setup for Photon linux appliances

While I have successfully deployed the LIagents to the SRM photon appliances themselves, and can collect syslogs from each side, I am stuck with how to correctly configure directories for 'SRM_logs', etc. for the Agent configuration group, so that SRM events are properly reported by the plug-in.  Is there a resource or document or KB available that goes through how to properly input values for this Agent Group?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Cederberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi.

When i download the SRM 8.1+ Content pack in our test enviroment (8.1.1) there seem to be two agent groups avaliable. One for SRM windows installation and one for SRM Virtual appliance.

You mentioned SRM_logs which seems to be the filelog for Windows installations of SRM. In the agent group vSphere - SRM (Virtual Appliance) (vmware - SRM 8.1+) the filelog is namned SRM_VA_logs and contains the correct path for the SRM logfiles. for example directory; /var/log/vmware/srm Include files: *.log and an event marker regex.

Best regards

//Cederberg

0 Kudos