VMware Cloud Community
smoustaquim
Contributor
Contributor

vrealize automation identity manager active directory integration

hello

I am struggling to integrate an idm server with active directory for the sanchronization of user and group accounts. I still have this error : 

com.vmware.horizon.directory.ldap.dc.manager.DomainControllerManager - Invalid directory config for DC look up. Both base DN and host is empty
2021-02-14T11:04:07,623 ERROR (pool-219-thread-3) [;;;] com.vmware.horizon.directory.ldap.LdapRootDSEService - com.vmware.horizon.directory.DirectoryServiceException: Invalid directory config for DC look up. Both base DN and host is empty
2021-02-14T11:04:07,623 ERROR (pool-219-thread-3) [;;;] com.vmware.horizon.directory.ldap.TrustedForestSearchService - Could not get value of RootDSE. Unable to get ObjectSid value for domain component of current directory settings.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @smoustaquim ,

Didn't see this error..... Maybe a browser issue? Did you tested with a different one?

Regards,

Leandro.

0 Kudos
smoustaquim
Contributor
Contributor

Hello tnks for Replay

Test with différent browser sale erreur 

0 Kudos
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you see any error in services? --  vracli service status 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
smoustaquim
Contributor
Contributor

In idm webninterface i have erreur faibles toi Quercy for dolains

IMG_20210215_181117__01.jpg

0 Kudos
pdirmann01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So your issue is configuring IDM itself for group synchronization with Active Directory? Based on the error, in IDM have you already configured the directory object on the Identity & Access Management tab? 

0 Kudos
smoustaquim
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your participation. yes precisely I want to add my directory for user synchronization but when I try to add it with an admin account of the domain I have this error

2021-02-15T18:35:31,032 ERROR (pool-251-thread-3) [;;;] com.vmware.horizon.directory.ldap.dc.manager.DomainControllerManager - Invalid directory config for DC look up. Both base DN and host is empty
2021-02-15T18:35:31,033 ERROR (pool-251-thread-3) [;;;] com.vmware.horizon.connector.rest.DirectoryRestController - Failed to fetch domains from trusted forests.
com.vmware.horizon.directory.DirectoryServiceException: Invalid directory config for DC look up. Both base DN and host is empty
at com.vmware.horizon.directory.ldap.dc.manager.DomainControllerManager.getDCsForDomain(DomainControllerManager.java:40) ~[adapter-ldap-0.1.jar:3.3.2.0 Build 15951611]

0 Kudos
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Can you test (Just to test 🙂 ) with a browser with english locale? I'm thinking maybe is a strange character somewhere in the form.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
smoustaquim
Contributor
Contributor

test with another browser and without integrated windows authentication and it gives me another error

Failed to save authentication adapter configuration in the adapter.Failed to save authentication adapter configuration in the adapter.

0 Kudos
smoustaquim
Contributor
Contributor

test with another browser and without integrated windows authentication and it gives me another error

Failed to save authentication adapter configuration in the adapter.Failed to save authentication adapter configuration in the adapter.

0 Kudos
smoustaquim
Contributor
Contributor

HI all

thank you for your contribution, I solved my problem. after several hours of debugging I found a reverse DNS problem.

0 Kudos
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Excellent !!! Glad to hear that !

Thanks for sharing the way you solved it!

Regards,

Leandro.

0 Kudos