VMware Cloud Community
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vra8.0.1 extensibility

I have a blueprint with user inputs. Can I override the these inputs using abx extensibility code and 'Deployment request' Subscription?

if so,

def handler(context, inputs):

newDiskSize=50

outputs = {}

outputs["requestInputs"] = inputs["requestInputs"]

outputs["requestInputs"]["DiskSize"]=newDiskSize

return outputs

DiskSize is my Blueprint input and newDiskSize is my new value to be override.

But its not working!!! need any change??Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbis7575
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Like I said, I dont think you can do that afterwards as an ABX action, but if you just want to make a decision based on other inputs you can do that within the blueprint YAML code itself as it is supports if/htne/else functionality as well as other operators:

Cloud Assembly blueprint expression syntax

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dbis7575
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't think we can change these values with an ABX action as I don't see anything related to disk size in the Schema. I believe that you are just updating your input variable.... but it would already have been processed.

You could make an API call after triggered by the "compute post provision" event, this would have to be a day2 action to resize the disk. This would get you to the correct size before the deployment completes, but if you use cloudbase-init or a customization spec to ensure the filesystem on the drives are expanded.... those would already have been completed. The requester would have to expand the file system manually, or you would have to have another ABX or vRO workflow to perform that action.

I would love to have others chime in and let us know if it is possible to change disk parameters with an ABX function.

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.

It is actually an input which will used as a storage constraint tag in the blueprint.

That input I need to modify before compute allocation after comparing other user inputs.

Thanks

0 Kudos
dbis7575
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Like I said, I dont think you can do that afterwards as an ABX action, but if you just want to make a decision based on other inputs you can do that within the blueprint YAML code itself as it is supports if/htne/else functionality as well as other operators:

Cloud Assembly blueprint expression syntax

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, I will try to make in the blueprint yaml

0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Did you try Disk pre-allocation instead of blueprint request? The topic occurs before the disk is created and the schema says you can modify the size but I've found some thing cannot be updated.

I also don't believe you can modify or even view constraints within the lifecycle.

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply

DiskSize is actually a sample code.

I am trying to update the storage constraint tag.

I didn't find any lifecycle event for this.

Thanks

0 Kudos