VMware Cloud Community
harj123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vra7.6 - provisions failing

Hello Guys, I have installed vRA7.6 and all my provisions are failing. I am adding a network profile that is configured as external network and it has my DNS server settings in it. and also have a customisation spec for linux and windows. windows customization spec has the AD details and DHCP network configured in it. All my provisions go to the vcenter, get cloned, power on, power off and then get destroyed. I tried creating a windows 2016 and rhel blueprint with just the template of the VM and no network and no customization spec but same thing happens. _debug_deployment set to true does not help either and the VM gets destroyed. I tried creating a VM from my rhel template by cloning it to VM and applied to linux customisation spec and it turned out to be ok, the machine got added to my DNS zone as per the customisation spec. The same template/customization spec was working fine with vRA7.3. This is not a inplace upgrade but a fresh install of vra7.6. The error is see in vRA is "PowerOn : One or more errors occurred..", and that does not help either.

I am out of ideas. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
harj123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

for anyone having similar issues - I resolved this by creating a cluster and adding my esxi host to the cluster(I have only one host)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Need to see more info about your blueprint, reservation, and what the clone looks like. Please post whatever screenshots you can. Also post the messages from Administration > Events and Infrastructure > Monitoring > Log. The _debug_deployment custom property will not work for you in this case since you're not getting failure in software components. Common misconception in how this custom property works.

0 Kudos
harj123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

this is my reservation

reservation1.jpg

pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_3.pngpastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

This is the BluePrint. The same rhel template and Linux customization spec work fine with vRA7.3.

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_8.png

pastedImage_9.png

pastedImage_10.png

pastedImage_11.png

This is the error under infrastructure > monitoring > log pastedImage_12.png

pastedImage_13.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ok, the error is coming from VRM Agent which means it's most likely a problem at the vCenter level. Try another deploy and see if vCenter is throwing an error when you attempt to power on. If so, look at the VM object and look at Events and also Tasks to see what the error is.

0 Kudos
harj123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

this is weird. there are no errors whatsoever in vcenter. the build goes from clone > customize > poweron> poweroff>delete. I can even logon to the machine for a minute. I tried inplace upgrade of 7.3 to 7.6 and same error even though vcenter remains unchanged.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check your customization spec and ensure its not on DHCP. Since you are using a network profile, it needs to get a static IP and the customization spec needs to take that into consideration.

0 Kudos
harj123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

tried that but didnt work. went to 7.5 and the same templates/customization spec works like a charm.

0 Kudos
harj123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

for anyone having similar issues - I resolved this by creating a cluster and adding my esxi host to the cluster(I have only one host)

0 Kudos