VMware Cloud Community
Gajendrapundier
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vco.hprof gets created repeatedly and fills up space under the location /storage/log/vmware/vco/app-server.

vco.hprof gets created repeatedly and fills up space under the location /storage/log/vmware/vco/app-server.Due to this, it destroys my appliance filling it up %100.i have a file vco.hprof with a size of 3.8 G. What is that file for and why it's filling the disk.I have to delete this file every week maunally.Is there is any permanent solution.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Presence of those hprof files indicates vRO is crashing and you need to look at the logs to determine why. If your vRO is particularly busy, your first step should be to increase the Java heap size (please use search for how). If it's still crashing, you need to open a support case. Other culprits include bad plug-ins.

0 Kudos
sbeaver
Leadership
Leadership

I have had to deal with this and Chip is correct on recommending looking into the heap settings.  It would also be worth looking into increasing the amount of memory to the VCO server and using the heap  settings to grant more memory to java.  On a side note, the heap file is created in a standard place, that can also be controlled, and create a process to look for the presence of that file and if found, delete the file and restart the VCO services

Steve Beaver
VMware Communities User Moderator
VMware vExpert 2009 - 2020
VMware NSX vExpert - 2019 - 2020
====
Co-Author of "VMware ESX Essentials in the Virtual Data Center"
(ISBN:1420070274) from Auerbach
Come check out my blog: [www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog|http://www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog/]
Come follow me on twitter http://www.twitter.com/sbeaver

**The Cloud is a journey, not a project.**
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry, yes, forgot to include the piece Steve mentioned as that's important. Before increasing the heap size, you need to increase the memory on the appliance (vRA or vRO) and add that same amount to the heap. You can't just do one or the other.

0 Kudos