VMware Cloud Community
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere Endpoints - different service accounts

We have a requirement to deploy to the same vCenter with different service accounts, however vRA doesn't allow this.  Throws an error "The Endpoint with the address already exists".  Anyone have thoughts on how we can accomplish this without deploying a separate vRA?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You can't. One endpoint; one credential. At least if we're talking about 7.x. In all my years deploying vRA (7.x) I've never heard of a desire for this. What's your use case? Why do you have this requirement?

0 Kudos
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Security requirements for our client to use different accounts for provisioning; high-security workloads need to connect with a separate service account to vSphere.

What about 8.x?  Havent tried that config yet.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Yeah, not gonna work. If you can flesh out why specifically they're calling for that to be a requirement, you might could find another solution like specific logging and other observability methods based on a certain trigger.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I am not 100% but I don't think even 8.0 can do that. 8.0 is a hot mess at the moment and very feature incomplete, so it's skipable until at least 8.1 regardless.

0 Kudos